I have five more weeks of proper school.
Five more weeks… and I’m done my 3rd year of Highschool, 3rd year of Potter’s School, 11th year of full time studies and 11th year as a student of the Johnson Academy of Learning. No mean feat, considering I’m farther ahead in my education than lots of people I know, some of them my age, some of them older. I really am blessed to be able to do school work, even if I complain about it and procrastinate all the time.
Anyways… so plans for summer:
1. Sleepovers. I haven’t had a sleepover with Julius and Jacob since… Christmas. That’s a long time ago. I’ve wanted to have a few sleepovers but really didn’t feel that it would be a good idea given that I have so much school. I could have done it, but decided not to. With summer coming I’ll be having sleepovers a lot more often.
2. Video games. :D At home, some Wii games, and hopefully some new GBA games via emulator. Possibly games like Demigod or some other games… I dunno. At the café: DOTA!!!! Other stuff too… but I wanna go gaming for like 5-6 hours a week (twice a week probably… so two stints of 2-3 hours. Quite reasonable, IMO).
3. Time with Caleb. This might sound kinda funny, since I’m specifically calling out one of my friends, but its true. Caleb will graduate from High School in a weeks and then he’s off to do a six-month training course with my parents’ (and his parents’) company. After that he’s going to do some stuff in Samoa I think (he’s half-Samoan so it makes sense). Eventually he’ll make his way to University somewhere, hopefully the US. Anyways, he’ll be in Dhaka for the month of June and I’d like to spend as much time with him as I possibly can.
4. Fun 4him stuff. 4him is usually a bit more relaxed during the summer because lots of people come and go, this year I think we’ll have a few people coming back (Mark, IIRC) but I think Steve and his family will be leaving. I do know that the Stouts will leave this summer so that’s 2 of our members gone. But we should have some fun games (volleyball, soccer… other stuff) and the like. If Mark comes back we’ll have awesome worship… sorry to say it, but while Max is an amazing worship leader, Mark always did a better job.
5. Erm… more fun stuff? Staying up till 11PM regularly, watching lots of movies and TV shows (BLEACH!!! NARUTO!!! HEROES!!!!). I’ll probably watch some LotR extended with commentary. Darn… I did that last summer and learned so much about the Fellowship and Two Towers. Now I need to finish the Two Towers and watch Return of the King. I know it sounds totally and completely geeky of me… watching a 4 hour movie with commentary… but if I don’t, I’ll get bored since I’ve seen LotR like ½ a dozen times.
6. Other fun stuff. I’m sure more will come up. I dunno.
Of course, summer is not here YET and I still have 5 more weeks of school. And yes, I’ll have to fill out college applications and probably write a dozen essays about why I wanna go to this or that university or who most influenced my life. Yes, I’ll have chemistry, but I don’t expect any of this to interfere with the fun stuff… two much at least. :D I know Jacob will be rather free cuz he’ll be done his exams and he gets a huge break. Derek and his friends… I dunno, but hopefully they get a decent break. Julius won’t get a break till mid June, but still we’ll have plenty of time. I know Max will start his A Level Exams soon (IIRC at least) so once again, once those are done he’ll be rather free. This should be a fun summer. ^_^