Thursday, March 29, 2007

School, and how evil it can be

I hate school.

Okay, wait, that’s a bit of an overstatement. I dislike some parts of school, like, history projects… those are a PAIN!

But, what I really hate is when you have to learn about things that you A) have no interest in whatsoever and B) will not help you as far as you can tell in the career that you have decided to pursue. Today I found out that I have to take a class that is both A and B, high school biology.

Okay, I don’t really mind most science, I like learning about all sorts of things (I am so well versed in the background of 40k that I have begun to start working on my own “crackpot” theories), but, biology is an exception, I just plain dislike it.

Now, the annoying part is, I MUST complete a one year of biology in either high school or college, and, since I know I will have better things to do in college (like learning how to increase my writing skills and learning how to make video games and all that stuff), so I have opted to do it in high school. Still, it really bugs me that our educational system forces people to do things that they absolutely hate (okay, people who just hate school are an exception… they need to wake up and smell the coffee/tea/coke/caffeinated drink, school is useful and fun). I’d rather take two years of psychics or chemistry or something like that, but I can’t because I have to be “well-rounded”.

Generally speaking, I can understand the need for most High School classes, but its really just this one class… I just want to not take ONE!!!!!!! class, but in order to get my diploma I need to take that one class… it sucks.

Meanwhile, I’m trying to figure out how to get 3 hardback Warhammer Fantasy Role-playing books from the US to BD by May, without any of the books getting “lost” or lost.

Signing off for now,

The (in)famous masterofweirdness, Isaac.

No comments: