Monday, February 22, 2010

A Confession

Okay, you know what, I have a confession to make: I think I understand why people like Pop.

Know, I still think that metal is better. I think that you can’t get better beats, riffs, solos and vocals than the stuff I’ve seen in metal music. I think the two greatest lyricists currently writing music are metalheads (Ryan Clark and Tuomas Holopainen). However, I understand why people like pop.

Its… catchy. Its stupidly, stupidly catchy. It might not be good, it might be crap, actually, but its catchy. I mean… there is something to be said about music that is just… catchy. Its something a lot of metal DOES NOT DO very well. I mean… Demon Hunter makes amazing music, but very little of it is catchy.

And yes, the reason I know understand pop music is I spent a decent bit of time sampling some of my sister’s pop… I’m repentning now by listening to The World is a Thorn by Demon Hunter, don’t worry.

Won’t Bow to Man
Won’t bow to Government
Won’t bow to Greed
Won’t bow to False Hope
Won’t bow to Self
Won’t bow to Modern Code
Won’t sell my soul to a Dead World
I DENY

Ahh yes, much better. //M\\

No comments: