Friday, April 25, 2008

Life in Scotland

Well… for the last few days I’ve been in Scotland… you know, that northern, mountainous, and well… British place? With a bunch of guys in skirts running around speaking with a really thick accent that makes it impossible for you to understand a word they are saying???

Wait… not all of that is true… yes, people are supposed to have a pretty thick accent, and yes, it’s cold and hilly, but I haven’t seen any kilts… yet!

But, wait, why am I in Scotland you ask? Well, my parents are taking the LDC (Leadership Development Course) here… it’s a Six-week thing that I assume will help them understand their role as leaders to the people they work with.

Anything else I want to add? Well… hmm… not much I can add… I’m playing as the Turks in Medieval Total War II which is well… interesting… I’m defiantly conquering land faster, since I don’t have to worry about the Pope telling me what to do (it’s rather nice, I must admit!). I’ve almost destroyed the Byzantine Empire, which is pretty neat, and I’m at war with Venice (fun, fun) and the Egyptians. My army, as it is has no proper infantry except a few militia units… so I’m learning how to fight with an all-archer army! Javelins, Archers, and Horse Archers… very interesting.

But what else? Oh, did I mention the place where I’m living? It’s a Manor! I’m in the process of uploading pics… so I’ll try to get some up on photobucket and link them to this blog here…

I’ve been reading through WFRP Tome of Salvation… its awesome, and it’s already given me some ideas for running a Religious based campaign… I need to brainstorm it a bit more… maybe I’ll run it on PBP House…

Oh, and its official, I have over 2 gigs of music! It is very nice… POD, Disturbed, Demon Hunter, Thousand Foot Krutch (including The Flame in All of Us), Kutless, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Hillsong, Hillsong United, Switchfoot, Dead Poetic, Creed, Evanescence, Jeremy Camp, Jimmy Eat World, Linkin Park, Pillar, Relient K, Skillet, Sonic Flood, Grateful Dead, Metallica and Zoegirl all grace my Windows Media Player…

And what can I say except, I NEED MORE!!!! Umm… More Dead Poetic, more Disturbed, Demon Hunter, Switchfoot, Kutless, Jimmy Eat World, Linkin Park, Pillar, Relient K, Grateful Dead, Metallica… and other bands… RED, a bit of Korn, maybe some Godsmack, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage… anything that has the words Metal, Rock, Rap, or Metalcore in their Genre I will listen to… or at least give a chance to…

On a final note, I’m in the process of finishing up school… just a few more weeks! I have… 2 more chapters in Geometry (that means 4 weeks right there, plus another weekish for my Final Exam), I have a bit more English, finish up Much Ado About Nothing, and a project on that… then I’ll be done that too! I’ve almost completed Science… just have about 3-4 more days of work with that… my plan is to take the Test for the final Module on next Monday, and then have 5 weeks of History and Bible… which is all rather fun if you ask me. Latin… not so good, I’ll probably be doing a bit of it into summer, but it won’t be too much work, and even if it is… well, I do need to graduate from High School…

Well… that’s all I have time for… I’ll write more later.

No comments: