Saturday, June 14, 2008

Two posts for the price of one!

Since I haven't had internet, here are two posts I've written up, on June 6 and June 9 respectively:

Well, its now the final few hours of my European Adventure™. It was good, we went to Brussels, Bruges, visited a few places were the Somme Campaign happened (World War I series of engagement). I enjoyed staying my dad’s cousin (my 2nd cousin), Robert, and his kids (my 3rd cousins), Seth, Jeremiah, and Thaddeus (Thad).

Hmm… what else can I add? Well, Brussels was cool… we have Belgian Waffles, which were amazing. We saw some famous places, the town square was really nice. Somme was… depressing… LOTS of graves everywhere, most of the unmarked (well, not most of them, most of the ones I saw, but about 40% of the graves are unmarked, which means they buried body parts, unidentified bodies, or nothing at all). Bruges was cool too, we went into a cathederal, which would have been the 2nd Catholic Church I’ve ever been into. It was amazing, they had a statue by Michelangelo in it (personally, I like my 40k art better, but still… Michelangelo) and the Adoration of the Magi painting. It was pretty neat. We also went to the Chocolate Factory, which was very nice… mhmm free chocolate. It was also interesting to see how chocolate came to Europe and how it slowly went from a drink to the stuff we eat today (Chocolate bars!).

Also, I’ve been playing Heroes of Might and Magic V and Elder Scrolls IV again. I’ve given up on my Heroes Campaign, I swear, it is IMPOSSIBLE to beat the enemy in my campaign. I’ve tried, A LOT, but I can’t manage to do it. When we get back to Dhaka, I’ll deal get some cheat codes and kill the dude, then I’ll continue the campaign (without cheats). Elder Scrolls is fun too, I love the game so much, even if I’ve probably played it to death. I’m back to my roots now, no more attempts at pwning the baddies with magic bolts and arrows, I’m a smash and bash with hammer and axe character again. I’m level 4 right now, and have my grubby hands in a bunch of quests from the Dark Brotherhood, Fighter’s Guild, Mage’s Guild (okay, so I only actually have 1 magic skill that I actually use, I still have one!). I’ve been putting off joining the Thieves Guild, but I really should, I’m in the Imperial City.

We’ll be flying back to Scotland tomorrow, from there we take a bus to London, and then a plane to Dhaka. We arrive Monday morning. The plane trip will be painful, but they always are, so I’ll deal with it. I think the worst part will be unpacking and cleaning up. That will take 3-4 days of work, which will be a big pain. Still, I’ll be able to see Jacob, Julius and Max after five and a half months of not seeing them. It’ll be awesome. I do plan on at least saying hello to Jacob on Monday, if not face to face, it’ll be via cellphone. Speaking of which, I do intend to get a cellphone once we get back to Dhaka. It’s time I think, I’m finally outside the house often enough for me to need one, what with me going to church early for set up and gaming on Saturdays.

That’s all the time I have, write more later.


The 2nd One:

Its official, I’m back in Dhaka. The journey was strange, interesting, a bit nerve wreaking, and not at all as painful as some of the flights I’ve had.

You know, I love Dhaka, for a while, I felt like this was all a dream, with everyone I’m meeting again (Messrs. Schmidt and Puyu) and the sites and sounds, the beggars (yes, I am actually slightly happy to see them), the crazy car drivers, the honking horns, the construction sounds, and the like.

I called Jacob a while back, it was great hearing his voice, I’ll see him tomorrow at 2:30ish. Julius, Max, and the rest of 4him I should see on Saturday and/or Friday. Also, I need to get into contact with Jo and Auntie Corina about getting back to my Church duties: set up, sound technician, and Children’s Church, my favorite job. Though, if I have it right I shouldn’t have any Children’s Church duties until September, as they have a “Summer Schedule”.

There are a few things that are different now, Dustin isn’t in town, which is a pain, and the Johnsons have gone for good, which is way too depressing to think about. Still, it’s good to be back, Caleb should be back in town soon, if not already, I saw Andrew at the Airport (it was rather random, he just sorta appeared… he was coming back from Thailand) Brian comes in July.

Summer should be great. Now, wait, it will be great. I’m going to make it one of the greatest summers I’ve ever had if possible. You know, the group of friends I used to have, Hunter, Andrew Jennings, Caleb Schmidt and Meyers, Brian, Matt and Jesse were all great guys, and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to replace them. It was really hard when we all went our separate ways, whether to Thailand, India, or back to the US (all of us besides Andrew are 100% American). But I have new friends, Jacob and Julius and Max and all of 4him have become great friends. I can’t wait to see Julius and Max, I really look forward to see Jacob. You know, all four of us are pretty different… Max is a musician first and foremost, he’s always asking really interesting questions, and he’s REALLY big, Julius is like… I dunno… Julius, he’s really funny and really cool. He tends to ask a lot of questions too, but I think that’s because, as far as important questions go and deep issues go, 4him (and thus, me) is the best place for him to go. Jacob and me and the closest but still, we have our differences. First, he’s Bengali, and it shows in his life. He’s always around family, and he acts a bit different because of it. Secondly, well, he’s Jacob… his personality is very different from mine. Still the four of us are united by our common interest in God, Games, and well, the fact that we love each other like brothers.

Enough rambling… I need to sweep my room and then play some video games.

No comments: