Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The year in review... anything happen?

Well… I suppose since its now 2008 I should look back… since that’s the whole point of New Year’s Eve… wait… isn’t it to get drunk? Lol… jk.

Now, seriously, Isaac, the masterofweirdness’ year in review.

First off… this blog is only over a year old… so this’ll be the 1st time I’ve done this on my blog.

Hmm… the first big thing that happened this year was seeing Brian and Julie during the midterm… that was good fun. I got have a sleepover with Brian and for the first time saw his Black Templar army. That was really fun.

The rest… hmm… well I started looking at WFRP and 40kRPG… both of which are amazing (I just know that 40krpg will be amazing, even if I haven’t actually seen the rules… lol) and I finally started playing it… first time was the 4him Retreat w/ Jacob and Julius. Rping… its awesome. We don’t do to much of it, but I do enjoy it. I’ll miss RPing with Jacob and Julius… but well… I’ll have to deal with it I suppose.

Summer. Summer was very good. Regular sleepover’s with Brian, who is now finishing up his final year at Hebron, and regular gaming. That’s when I really got into gaming, and I now do it regularly and often, which is awesome. I also played a decent bit of 40k with Brian. Teaching him the rules and learning how the BT were good… and very bad. It was great.

After summer… my second year of High School… English 9 and Geometry with Potter’s School, Civics and American Government, Old Testament, Biology, and Latin I, those are my subjects… I need to work on my latin, but everything else is going good. I am really enjoying Civics, which is a bit surprising, its not at all what I thought it would be. Old Testament Law is really cool… not exactly practical, but at least I’m seeing how God wanted the Israelites to govern themselves. Geometry isn’t amazing, but I’m not failing, in fact I’m getting a good number of Bs… even a few A’s, which I consider VERY good… considering how hard the class is for me at times. Biology is one of my harder classes, but I’m doing pretty well at it. Not amazing, but pretty good, all B’s… a few C’s… so I’m doing just above average… my general goal in all my classes. English I really enjoy, but is actually quite hard. I get mauled over every time I submit an essay… despite me trying to work really hard at getting them good, and knowing that they are some of the best writing I’ve done. Everything else is easy, but getting a C- on several papers really doesn’t help me… I just have to work harder. Latin… well… I’m working on it. For me the motivation is the hard part, as I don’t have any… I need to discuss it with my mom.

Anyways… that’s school for the 1st Semester of my Sophmore year… my Freshman year was similar, only different classes and higher grades… which may have something to do with the fact that the classes were MUCH easier… *sigh* guess you can’t always have it your way, eh?

Well then… what else… Rping stuff can be read on my RP Blog… its not much, but its what we’ve done. I’m planning a 40k Campaign as soon as we get back to Dhaka… I’ll have to go over it with Jacob and Brian… maybe I should send them a email…

Also, my trip to the states… that was hell… but I got here, and now I’m happy, reading good books, playing good games, enjoying myself really well. However, I will say that its not all perfect. Stupid USPS has totally messed me up and I’ve lost (well… it’s supposed to be coming… but I’m not sure… lol) a package… a big one… full of my 40k army. I can’t afford to buy the stuff retail, but I’m sure what to do about it… guess I’ll just have to wait and pray about it.

Well then… that’s been my year in review… I would say this:

2007 was a lot like 2006… only different. The same things happened, but so did other stuff. I grew taller, read more books, wrote more stories, continued my blog, started Rping, joined the forces of Chaos, got a laptop, went on a really cool vacation. But really… it was just another year in the life of Isaac, the masterofweirdness. What else can I say? Nothing really, at least, I don’t think I can say much.

No comments: