Okay, well, now on to the next part of this trip: the Trip to Kovalum.
So, after spending a day at
The bus trip was… a pain. We got a flat tire, and they only had to put on a tire about… 3 times (okay… we have a flat… we fix… wait… we have a flat spare… wait… we fix… we must put on old flat… go up street… remove old flat… put on new tire from tire shop… see! We fix!). After that… we hung out at the train station waiting for our train. It was sleeper class, which means no-AC and less secure, but since it was just a couple of hours, I didn’t care.
However… I was feeling sick. I had a feeling it was some bad chocolate I bought (since that was the only thing that I had eaten that Brian hadn’t). Anyways… I was an idiot, and I didn’t go into the bathroom when I knew I was about to throw-up… instead I threw-up in the hall… woke everyone up, and then crawled into my bed and tried to get some sleep.
Anyways… I we arrived in
So… we were in Kovalum! It was awesome… we had a beach (one that had lost about a foot of itself since the Hebronites had been there last time… we all joked about Global Warming) several restaurants, one of which showed movies another of which stayed open till midnight, and all the ice-cream, and soda we could afford. It was on this trip I decided to start drinking coffee in the morning regularly… I have not yet regretted it.
Well… there’s not a lot to say unless I wanna go into a ton of detail… so I’ll give a list of what I did at Kovalum.
- Stayed up till every night.
- Watched several movies, including Jeepers Creepers 2 (waste of time), the Bourne Ultimatum, Transformers the movie, Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer (second time I’ve seen it), Nightwatch, and possibly others I can’t remember.
- Went swimming and got smashed by waves… very fun.
- Went to the top of a lighthouse (I have a photo of this).
- Played Lord of the Rings Risk three times, and lost each time.
- Played the Starfarers of Cataan (Boardgame), and lost at this.
- Played Command and Conquer 3 (PC game), and decided that it, sadly, does not live up to the likes of Red Alert, Red Alert 2, and Command and Conquer 2: Tiberium Wars.
- Discovered two new, great Warcraft III Custom Maps, Footman Wars, and
. Moo Moo Town
- Watched a replay of how two people beat 5 Insane AI on DOTA (version 3.8 something, using the old guy’s AI, not RGB’s one). Lol… I sound like freak when I say that…
- Ran Through the Drakwald (the WFRP intro adventure) for Caleb, Abe, and Brian… that was soooo fun. More details of this in my WFRP Blog (http://rpdhaka.blogspot.com/) coming soon.
- Generally had a great time.
Soon, ya, that was Kovalum. It was awesome, that’s really all I can say. I mean, I had a great time, I really enjoyed myself… and in all honesty, it was a great experience.
The trip back was okay… I took two trains (one 18 hour train, another 48 hour one), and one airplane (1hr trip, but the plane was delayed by 4 hours… so I sat in the airport for six hours, instead of the customary 2).
Oh, I also brought back three books, the Bonehunters and Reapers Gale, books six and seven respectively of the Malazan Tale of the Fallen Series by Steven Erikson (I have already nearly completed Bonehunters) and Children of Hurin, a book of JRR Tolkien’s that was published Posthumously by his son, Christopher Tolkien.
Also, I got both of Evanescence’s(Alternative Rock) Albums… very nice music.
Now… its back to school, with only a few days off on Thanksgiving until my Christmas holiday in the States… *sighs*.
See you later.